Cone extruder is the new extrusion range that builds on the proven Umang technology and its benefits. Similar design of process screws, cams and meshes ensure right size of extrusion from 500 - 1500 microns.
Umang Extruders are manufactured as per general chemical industry standards and cGMP standards for Pharmaceutical Applications.
Technical Specifications for Cone Extruder:
||USSE - 60
||UTSE - 70
||UTSE - 110
||UTSE - 140
||1-10 kgs / hr
- Standard Cone extruder with NON SPILL type GMP feeder and hopper with safety grill.
- Various mesh configuration with different perforation area for product suitability.
- System components easily accessible for cleaning and maintenance.
- Fully integrated with Allen Bradley controls & touch screen.
- Standard set up with 1mm mesh.
- Variable speed of extruder (20-100 rpm).
- Stainless steel 316 GMP design with high polish finish.
- Cone extrusion head with various mesh size (0.5 / 0.6 / 0.8 / 1.0 / 1.2 mm / special size).
- Jacketed / insulated extrusion chamber.
- Agricultural chemicals
- Carbon black
- Atomic tablets
- Soya and food processing
- Home and Personal care.
- Particle size build up
- Heat Sensitive materials
- Pressure sensitive materials
- Toner, etc.
Umang Pharmatech : Pharmaceutical Test Station
The Umang Pharmaceutech Test Station is located in Vasai, THane, conveniently located very close to Mumbai airport, only forty five minutes from Mumbai International Airport. The Test Station's purpose is to assist our Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Industry customers with feasibility testing of their products on our equipment, and to be a partner with them in the process development as they move forward from the Research and Development stages to clinical production, and eventually into full-scale Manufacturing.
The station combines decades of design and development know-how in the pharmaceutical industry with the very latest in processing equipment to provide you with a unique opportunity for feasibility, development, and small-scale manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
Your needs are critical and individual. The UMANG Pharmaceutical Test Station has been designed to meet those needs.
- Product evaluation & testing
- Formulation development
- Process optimization
- Small-scale manufacturing
We offer the following process options:
- Spray drying:
- High shear mixer
- Extrusion and spheronization
- Fluid bed coating and granulation.
- Fluid bed rotor
- Cone extrusion.
- Die roller extrusion.
- Continuous vibratory fluid bed dryer.
- fluid-bed granulator - dryer
- Specification development
- Method development
- In-process controls
- Impurity profiling
- Method validation
- Stability testing and Degradation studies
- Release of Intermediates and final product
- Technology transfer to manufacturing sites
- Support to regulatory filings
- Pre-Fo HPLC (Shimadzu) AGilent, RI, Fluoresence Detectors
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Thereo Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA) (Shimadzu)
- Moisture Analyzer
- Granulators (Fluid Bed or High Shear)
- Comminution Mill
- Diffusion Blenders – V, Octagonal, Double Cone types
- Multi-purpose equipment - Planetary Mixer, Granulator, Blender attachments
- Tablet Coating – solid pan of various sizes
- Pilot Plant for Dermatologicals
- USP dissolution Apparatus with auto sampler
- Vertical Cell Diffusion (Franz) Apparatus
- Tablet: USP Hardness Tester, USP Disintegration Tester & USP Friability Tester
- Stability Chambers (set to ICH Guidelines)
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Brookefield Viscometer
Our expertise in formulation development extends to the development of all conventional dosage forms. Our strategic alliances broaden the scope to consider many Novel Drug Delivery Systems (NDDS), including transdermal & liposomal delivery systems. We consider multiple approaches to improve the bioavailability of drugs. We have expertise in improving delivery of poorly soluble/ permeable drugs and the capability to screen potentially innovative drugs based on pharmacokinetic properties. We possess pelletization, drug-layering, particle-coating and other technologies to achieve extended release profiles for tablets or capsules.
Our analytical development services include assay and RS method development and validation, dissolution method development and validation, stability studies as per ICH guidelines, polymorphic form characterization (DSC/TGA/XRD/Microscopy), cleaning validation studies and HPLC to UPLC method conversions.
Generics and NCEs
- Proof of Concept studies
- Phase Appropriate CT Formulations
- Formulation and Process Development
- Scale-up and Technology Transfer
- Life cycle management
- Differentiated generics, 505 (b) (2)
- Pellets - Immediate Release, Modified Release
- Granules - Immediate Release, Modified Release
- MDF - Mouth Dissolving Film
- Physico chemical evaluation
- pH dependent aqueous solubility
- solubility in co-solvents
- surfactant assisted solubility
- equilibrium solubility
- Intrinsic dissolution study in various pH conditions
- Salt design/screening and selection
- Dissociation constant redetermination
- Partition coefficient and log P determination
- Polymorphism studies
- Particle size, surface area, bulk/ tapped density determination
- Particle size distribution
- Bulk/tapped density determination
- Binding constant determination
- Drug-excipient compatibility studies
- Closure integrity testing
- Filter compatibility
- Stress stability
- Photo stability
- Hold-time study
- Integration with fluid bed possible: perfect closed link for dust-free operation
- Video monitoring of the process
- Liquid addition system (peristaltic pump / pressure vessel)
- Product feeding both by gravity or vacuum loading system directly from the containers
What type of material is suitable to process in a cone extruder ?
Non-sticky , powdered
What are the particle size constraints in a cone extruder ?
There are no constraints we design the machine as per your product requirements .
Will the process in a cone extruder heat up my material excessively ?
No there is a uniform air distribution in the machine.
How often should I clean the machine cone extruder ? Are the parts for a cone extruder easily available ?
Yes the parts are easily accessible for product change over.
Do you offer the machine cone extruder in mild steel construction for industrial application ?
Yes we do offer the same for process sensitive products / segments .
How quick can we get the delivery of the cone extruder?
3-4 weeks depending on the size.
Do you provide a complete processing line ?
Yes we do give machine from high shear mixing to extrusion , spheronization to fluid bed drying/coating as per product / process needs.
Is the Extruder and powder feeder controlled by a inverter?