Vacuum Tray dryer is the most commonly used batch dryer. They are box-shaped and loaded and unloaded via a door (two doors on the larger models). Inside are several heating plates mounted one above the other on which the product is placed in trays. The bottom of both heating plates and trays should be as smooth as possible to permit heat transfer between plates and product. The medium flowing through the heating plates is water, steam or thermal oil. The distance between the heating plates is determined primarily by the surface loading and the foaming of the product. To avoid retrograde condensation, the cabinet walls are indirectly preheated by the heating plates. Next, the product is introduced and heated at atmospheric pressure. Only after all individual product trays reach the same temperature the cabinet is evacuated and drying can start.
The preheating phase is very important in order that the drying curve and the foaming of the product is identical throughout the cabinet, During the main drying phase, the vacuum is in the range of 40 to 80 mbar abs and in the final drying phase, vacuums of only few mbar abs are reached. Heating temperatures are normally on the range between 800C and 1100C. Depending on product and surface load, drying takes from a few hours to 1 to 2 days. For some products, the vacuum and temperature profiles are automatically controlled in order to prevent a pass over of the critical product temperature. The dimensioning of the vacuum system is an important factor in the design of drying cabinet systems.
Technical Specifications for Vaccum Tray Dryer:
|Capacity in Trays
|No. of Shelves
|Trays Per shelf
- Heater system for either pressurized hot water or diathermic fluid
- Cyclones and sleeve filters for powder recovery(for rotary dryers)
- Solvent recovery system with condenser and receiver, vacuum pump and ancillaries, characteristics and dimensions depending on the drying processes
- All contact parts are made out of SS 304/SS 316 or SS 316L quality material in GMP models and Mild steel externals with stainless steel internals in standard models
- Hollow pad type heating shelves, which are easily removable for maintenance
- Condensers and condensate receiver fixed in the dryer body or stand alone for remote installation
- Full welded skirt on vacuum dryer body for flush mounting through the wall
- External fluid heating of dryer with protective panels in stainless steel or mild steel power coated
- Dedicated fluid heating and circulating systems. These can be steam or electrically heated. Fluid heating systems are available for water as well as thermic fluid(for temperature requirements above 95 deg C)
- Validation ports and nitrogen purge nozzles
- Can be designed to customer’s specification requirements
- Steam sterilizable models available.
- Double door loading available for large models
- Haler lined internals for corrosive applications
- All stainless steel 304/316/316L CGMP externals with stainless steel internals (vapor and product contact parts.)
- Hollow pad type heating shelves which are easily removable for maintenance.
- Condensor and condensate receiver fitted on the dryer body or stand alone for remote installation
- Fully welded skirt on vacuum dryer body for flush mounting through the wall
- External insulation of dryer with protective panels in stainless steel or mild steel powder coated
- Dedicated fluid heating and circulating systems. These can be steam or electrically heated. Fluid heating systems are available for water as well as thermic fluid (for temperature requirements above 95 degree centigrade0
- Validation ports and nitrogen purge nozzles
- Can be designed to customers specific requirements
- Steam sterilisable models available.
- Double door loading available for larger models.
- Agricultural chemicals
- Carbon black
- Atomic tablets
- Soya and food processing
- Home and Personal care.
- Particle size build up
- Heat Sensitive materials
- Pressure sensitive materials
- Toner, etc.
Umang Pharmatech : Pharmaceutical Test Station
The Umang Pharmaceutech Test Station is located in Vasai, THane, conveniently located very close to Mumbai airport, only forty five minutes from Mumbai International Airport. The Test Station's purpose is to assist our Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Industry customers with feasibility testing of their products on our equipment, and to be a partner with them in the process development as they move forward from the Research and Development stages to clinical production, and eventually into full-scale Manufacturing.
The station combines decades of design and development know-how in the pharmaceutical industry with the very latest in processing equipment to provide you with a unique opportunity for feasibility, development, and small-scale manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
Your needs are critical and individual. The UMANG Pharmaceutical Test Station has been designed to meet those needs.
- Product evaluation & testing
- Formulation development
- Process optimization
- Small-scale manufacturing
We offer the following process options:
- Spray drying:
- High shear mixer
- Extrusion and spheronization
- Fluid bed coating and granulation.
- Fluid bed rotor
- Cone extrusion.
- Die roller extrusion.
- Continuous vibratory fluid bed dryer.
- fluid-bed granulator - dryer
- Specification development
- Method development
- In-process controls
- Impurity profiling
- Method validation
- Stability testing and Degradation studies
- Release of Intermediates and final product
- Technology transfer to manufacturing sites
- Support to regulatory filings
- Pre-Fo HPLC (Shimadzu) AGilent, RI, Fluoresence Detectors
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Thereo Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA) (Shimadzu)
- Moisture Analyzer
- Granulators (Fluid Bed or High Shear)
- Comminution Mill
- Diffusion Blenders – V, Octagonal, Double Cone types
- Multi-purpose equipment - Planetary Mixer, Granulator, Blender attachments
- Tablet Coating – solid pan of various sizes
- Pilot Plant for Dermatologicals
- USP dissolution Apparatus with auto sampler
- Vertical Cell Diffusion (Franz) Apparatus
- Tablet: USP Hardness Tester, USP Disintegration Tester & USP Friability Tester
- Stability Chambers (set to ICH Guidelines)
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Brookefield Viscometer
Our expertise in formulation development extends to the development of all conventional dosage forms. Our strategic alliances broaden the scope to consider many Novel Drug Delivery Systems (NDDS), including transdermal & liposomal delivery systems. We consider multiple approaches to improve the bioavailability of drugs. We have expertise in improving delivery of poorly soluble/ permeable drugs and the capability to screen potentially innovative drugs based on pharmacokinetic properties. We possess pelletization, drug-layering, particle-coating and other technologies to achieve extended release profiles for tablets or capsules.
Our analytical development services include assay and RS method development and validation, dissolution method development and validation, stability studies as per ICH guidelines, polymorphic form characterization (DSC/TGA/XRD/Microscopy), cleaning validation studies and HPLC to UPLC method conversions.
Generics and NCEs
- Proof of Concept studies
- Phase Appropriate CT Formulations
- Formulation and Process Development
- Scale-up and Technology Transfer
- Life cycle management
- Differentiated generics, 505 (b) (2)
- Pellets – Immediate Release, Modified Release
- Granules – Immediate Release, Modified Release
- MDF : Mouth Dissolving Film
- Physico chemical evaluation
- pH dependent aqueous solubility
- solubility in co-solvents
- surfactant assisted solubility
- equilibrium solubility
- Intrinsic dissolution study in various pH conditions
- Salt design/screening and selection
- Dissociation constant redetermination
- Partition coefficient and log P determination
- Polymorphism studies
- Particle size, surface area, bulk/ tapped density determination
- Particle size distribution
- Bulk/tapped density determination
- Binding constant determination
- Drug-excipient compatibility studies
- Closure integrity testing
- Filter compatibility
- Stress stability
- Photo stability
- Hold-time study
- Integration with fluid bed possible: perfect closed link for dust-free operation
- Video monitoring of the process
- Liquid addition system (peristaltic pump / pressure vessel)
- Product feeding both by gravity or vacuum loading system directly from the containers
What type of material is suitable to process in Vaccum tray dyer ?
Non-sticky , powder, tablets, pellets , granules, leaves, herbs etc
What are the particle size constraints ?
There are no constraints we design the machine as per your product requirements .
How much HW, KWH use is needed to process my material and for what capacity / feed rate ?
You can install the complete system of 50-60 kgs/ hr in 15 HP depending on material type.
Will the process heat up my material excessively ?
No there is a uniform air distribution in the machine.
Can the trays of the machine accessible on a trolley for complete wash down ?
How often should I clean the machine ? Are the parts easily available ?
Yes the parts are easily accessible for product change over.
Do you offer the machine in mild steel construction for industrial application ?
Yes we do offer the same for procie sensitive products / segments .
How quickly can we expect delivery ?
Is the machine of modular design ?
Yes number of trays can be modified, the height and temperature & no of trays can be modified as per product needs?